Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy National Donut Day!

The first Friday in June has been dubbed the National Donut Day as an old throwback to honor the women working for the Salvation Army.

And what a glorious holiday it is! Just around me in Nebraska grocery stores are having major donut sales and Lamar's is giving away free donuts tomorrow morning! I will definitely be taking advantage of some of the specials, I have yet to try Lamar's!

I urge you guys all to go get a donut to celebrate, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts are both participating with free donut offers. Post comments with your own donut reviews or what you did to celebrate National Donut Day!

This morning I got some from Russ's, another local grocery store here, on my way to work. I will post my review tomorrow. When I figure out how to upload pictures I took on my phone because I thought I didn't have my camera, when in reality I did. Food blogging is tough!

And yes, I was reunited with my netbook today. So I promise pictures this weekend! For now I leave you with a comic from a donut shop in San Francisco:

No comments:

Post a Comment