Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hilltop Donuts

Where: Corner of Vista Way and Coast Hwy, Oceanside CA
What: Maple Bacon Raised Donut
When: Friday, April 12th, 2013.





There was a break in my donut tour of the West Coast in April because I had trouble finding open donut places while I was out and about going to actual tourist destinations. Apparently sight seeing got in the way. Sorry! The last day I was in California I made a point to visit some donut places and Hilltop was my first stop!




Got my first maple bacon donut and the woman asked if I wanted it warmed up. Sure, if that's how you eat a maple bacon donut. It was pretty amazing. The bacon was cooked just right and the maple frosting was the slightly artificial flavor I go for. The bacon was also cut into about 1 inch squares so it was easier to eat than if it had been in strips, which I have seen before. 5/5. It cost $1.50 and was totally worth it. They had a large selection of cake, raised, filled, and bar donuts. Even some twists and coffee rolls. Also large, like face sized large, fritters and bear claws. Lots of maple options.

No comments:

Post a Comment