Friday, June 28, 2013

LaMar's Donuts, again

Where: 1601 Q St, Lincoln
What: Caramel frosted cake donut
When: Friday, June 28th, 2013
website

My coworker and his buddy have  Boys' Coffee Date every Friday. Or most Fridays. Maybe? I'm not that intune with his schedule. But yesterday he invited me to Boys' Coffee (for once, after all my talk about donuts, you'd think I would have gotten invited already, but I think I had to be vetted first). I asked if it was ok if I wore a skirt to Boys' Coffee. Being a typical boy who probably never notices what girls wear anyways, he said he didn't care.

So this morning, late, I arrrive at Boys' Coffee in my skirt. Put my purse down and start looking for my maple donut (the last time I was at LaMar's it was National Donut day and the selection was fairly sparse). Now, they advertise maple cake donuts as part of the decor on the outside of the building. All these donuts are listed all around at about knee level. Just tempting you to come in and try one.

BUT (I feel this sudden exception in my stories is becoming a theme. I'll have to tell a story without a twist some time. BUT that may be boring...)

This is not a maple donut.
They don't actually have maple cake donuts. I was offered a caramel cake donut as a substitute. I said I'd try it, but still continued asking about my maple cake donut and was told that they never carry it. What kind of nasty, mean, horrible advertising is that to have it boldy displayed on your building from the outside and not to have the product on the inside! :-(

I ate the caramel cake donut. The donut part was lovely. The frosting was fairly bland. I was sad.

Boys' Coffee hour was kind of a bust. Maybe because I'm not a boy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment