Friday, June 7, 2013

LaMar's Donuts

Where: 1601 Q St, Lincoln NE
What: Chocolate frosted raised
When: Friday, June 7th, 2013
Website: http://www.lamars.com/


I have been told many times to go to LaMar's by my coworker since I started talking about donuts nonstop at work. And today I finally made it, possibly because they were free for National Donut Day! They listed their flavors as part of their window decorations around their corner storefront, including maple frosted cake donuts! So obviously I was pumped when I walked in (and even more so that there was a giant line of people demanding free donuts).

However, as you probably figured out from the picture, they were out of maple anything. So I went with the chocolate frosted because it looked so good. And it was. The frosting had good flavor and the donut itself was thick and doughy (in a good way, that kind of sounds like it was in a bad way). I couldn't eat the whole donut in one sitting, very filling. I give it a 4 out of 5. I will try to come back to try the maple at some point, but it isn't on the top of my list of places I HAVE to get back to. 

I hope some of you did something for National Donut Day, so far I haven't heard any stories! Am I really that crazy to be so excited about donuts???

2 comments: