Thursday, June 27, 2013

The obsession begins...

Maple donuts have always been a favorite of mine, probably because both my parents like them. And there are TONS of Dunkin Donuts in the Boston area, where I lived for 9 years. So I was faced with multiple donut places on my way anywhere all the time, and RARELY did they have maple donuts. I became obsessed with hunting down the elusive maple frosted raised donut (like they would ever have it on a cake donut, that was extinct to Dunkins apparently).

There were a couple of Dunkins that had maple more often than others. The one in the Harvard Square T station is still the most dependable. But my local one in Somerville, open 24 hours and conviently located two doors down from my favorite bar, rarely had maple donuts. Until the night my roommate and I stumbled in there (possibly after a couple of beers...maybe). And we looked for the maple (my roommate had never ever had one! I had to share them with her!). No maple. But was asked the woman who was working if they had any (I'm sure this was my roommates idea, I normally just would leave defeated. Or get a Boston Creme). The worker said she would check, and came back without any donuts.

BUT

She said she had maple frosting. And could frost us some donuts. HELLO. YES PLEASE. And then, slightly tipsy me (or drunk, whatever, I'm of age. Fine, we were wasted) asked if she could frost us COFFEE ROLLS. If anyone is asking themselves what a freakin coffee roll is, it's basically a donut +
cinnamon roll hybrid. And the size of your face. The lovely worker says sure, and takes two coffee rolls to the back, frosts them with amazing maple frosting, and comes back out with them in the small munchkin boxes. You know, the ones with the handles. So my roommie and I pay for our decadent maple frosted coffee rolls and basically roll ourselves back to our apartment where I'm so excited about mine, I immediately put half of it in a ziplock baggie for later. Sadly, my roommate was not as taken with Dunkin Donuts maple frosting as I was. Maybe the coffee roll was a little much.

I don't have any photos of this amazing
Dunkin Donuts, but here is one of me
visiting my roommate from that night
in her new home, San Francisco!
For a couple of months after that miraculous night of freshly frosted maple wonder, the Maguon Square Dunkin Donuts started stocking maple frosted coffee rolls and raised donuts more often. I like to think I helped inspire that push for maple items on the shelf. Because I'm just that awesome. Or crazy.

1 comment:

  1. They want to serve the best service to the customers and thus ask for the feedbacks.
    Thus they insist their customers say up their reviews on Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Experience
    Survey through the link provided telldunkin.com
    https://telldunkin.online/

    dunkinnation survey

    telldunkin.com store


    telldunkin.com store

    ReplyDelete