Sunday, June 30, 2013

Delight Donuts

Where: 324 Third Ave, Kearney NE
What: Maple cake donut
When: Sunday, June 30th, 2013
website

I had an impromptu roadtrip this weekend with little planning. The idea came together Wednesday and I didn't even know it was an overnight for sure till Friday. So I threw together a list of donut places along the way, and made it to one. I did try two other ones, but they were closed. Psh. People can enjoy donuts after 1pm! We finally made it to Delight Donuts in Kearney in the morning of the second day. It was conveniently located right across from the hotel we were staying at!

Prices were pretty good, dozen donut holes for $1.25, cake donuts for 65 cents, glazed donuts for 70 cents, etc. They also had a really good selection of bottled drinks. We paid $2.77 for two donuts and a bottle of milk.

Three family members own separate locations throughout central Nebraska so it isn't quite a chain, but there are multiple outlets. I'm sure there's a name for this type of store/chain/franchise/why am I still typing about things other than the actual donuts?

My cake donut had good natural flavoring without being bland. The donut was dense but still moist. My aunt got a french crueler (they didn't have any cake with cinnamon and sugar and the only cruelers they had left had frosting, so she opted for maple as well). She thought there was too much frosting on it but liked the donut itself.

Also, if you've been reading for awhile, I was totally wearing my miracle dress for day two of my trip here. :-) Always coming in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment