Thursday, June 13, 2013

My first donut story

I was in 6th grade and my brother just got a job at a Dunkin Donuts near us, last shift of the night. It wasn't 24 hours. On his first day of work he asked all of us for a donut request and he'd try to bring one home for us.

He got home after I was already in bed for school the next morning.

When I woke up and went out to the kitchen there were boxes and boxes of donuts. Apparently at the end of the night, they were going to throw out all the donuts. So he just brought them home. We had donuts for miles. And days.

My favorite back then was caramel apple. It had apple filling, like the filling on an apple danish, and a caramel frosting on it. So decadent. Thinking about it now I can't believe I ate so many of them. The little chunks of apple inside were just so good! I mean, plus all the sugar.

We had so many donuts we couldn't give them all away free. I took in donut holes to school many mornings and I'm sure my teachers hated me for it. I'd have a huge Tupperware full and we'd just pass it around during the morning lesson.

I don't remember when the donut surplus ended. I'm sure I ate a lot of donuts back then. And I've also just realized this isn't really my first donut story. Crap. Oh well, this is what you guys get for tonight. Miles of donuts. :-) Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment