Sunday, June 2, 2013

There's a first time for everything, good and bad.

On my last trip through TSA I did the unthinkable. It was late, I was going through security closer to take off than I like to, and I was tired. I left my netbook in the bin. I grabbed my shoes and my toiletries and hustled onto the tram to the gates, ignoring my poor little netbook in the middle of Orlando International Airport. At the gate, I thought to myself how light my carry on suddenly seemed and congratulated myself on fitting so much more into my checked bags (Southwest Airlines, FTW).

Once back at my aunt's at 1 am that night, I finally realized why my bag was lighter than normal. And promptly flipped out. I dumped both my purse and my carry on out onto the bed, thinking maybe I just wasn't seeing it. Netbooks are little. It could have slid down to the bottom. Or something. I was being optimistic. But no, it wasn't there. And it finally dawned on me that I left it at security. Security that was now closed and I would have to call in the morning. I did not sleep well.

The story ends on a happy note though: my netbook was turned in to Lost & Found. A friend went and picked it up. My parents are mailing it to me. I will be reunited with it in mere days. And then, I will start my assault of travel tips and donut reviews from 15 years of traveling the world. One carry on bag at a time. Or one maple donut at a time. However you want to think about it, just remember you've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment